As of June 15th 2017, Apple requires iCloud users (@icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com) to generate an app-specific password to sign into their accounts on TypeApp.
In order to generate the app-specific password, Two Factor Authentication (2FA) must first be enabled. To enable 2FA, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to My Apple ID – https://appleid.apple.com/account/home
2. Select Manage your Apple ID and sign in.
3. Select Password and Security.
4. Under Two-Step Verification, select Get Started and follow the onscreen instructions.
Once you have enabled 2FA for your iCloud account, you can now generate an app-specific password to be used on TypeApp:
1. On the page above, Select Password and Security.
2. Click Generate an App-Specific Password (A new app password will be generated).
3. Open TypeApp tap More (o o o) | Various Account Settings | tap the account you want to update | Edit Account | Update Password | Enter the password received above.
Please note: Two-factor authentication is currently available to iCloud users with at least one device that’s using iOS 9 or OS X El Capitan or later.
If you don’t have access to any of your Apple devices, please see the Apple support instructions below:
If you can’t access any of your devices
You can request account recovery from a friend or family member’s iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
1. Open the Find My iPhone app. If a Sign In screen appears, tap Forgot Apple ID or Password, then follow the onscreen steps.
2. Don’t see a Sign In screen? Tap Sign Out. After you sign out, tap Forgot Apple ID or Password, then follow the onscreen steps.
Are you still unable to start the account recovery process? Only if you can’t access your trusted device or a different iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Mac, go to iforgot.apple.com. Enter your Apple ID, enter the code you see, then click Continue. Enter your trusted phone number, then click Continue. Choose “Don’t have access to your trusted devices or phone numbers.” Choose Start Account Recovery.